The Business School Computer Department offers DeskTop Applications to individuals and businesses on a variety of office productivity tools.
For persons just starting out, changing careers, retraining, developing or improving their skills to work in today competitive technological driven world The Business School has the training you require.
IT for Executive Secretaries
The course provides participants with all the skills necessary to reach the highest secretarial level within an organization. This Course is taught by highly experienced instructors who supplement the course material with practical work sheets and experience.
- Fundamentals of Hardware & Software
- Information Technology Environment
- Data Management
- Essentials of Networks
- Management Information Systems
- Keyboard Skills Development
- Microsoft Word (Advanced Level)
- Microsoft Excel (Advanced Level)
- MS Publisher
- Ms PowerPoint
- Internet and Email
- Fundamentals of Web Page Development
How you will Benefit
- Students will learn about the difference between data and information
- Students will be able to identify the characteristics of quality data.
- They will learn about the dynamics of computer hardware.
- Students learn about the construction, types, benefits etc. of databases.
- Students understand the types, benefits, operations, etc. of networks with specific reference to LANS, WANS, client-server computing.
- Students are made aware of the many issues which are involved in the operation and management of information systems.
- Students learn how to produce attractive presentations using PowerPoint.
- They learn how to integrate word processing software with graphic software to produce attractive and professional documents.
- Students will learn how to create web pages. They will be able to edit and update the company’s website in an efficient and effective manner.
- Students explore and learn the features of MS Word and Excel to an advanced level. They learn how to use these packages to produce professional documents, financial and other reports.
- The speed and accuracy of producing these reports are greatly improved.
- Students also learn how to use IT to improve the other secretarial duties they perform, e.g. making and scheduling appointments, making itineraries, managing the boss’s time.
- They learn how to use the internet effectively for the organization’s benefit and how to send, process, store and transmit e-mail information
- Applicants on the program must possess:
- A minimum of three (3) CXC or GCE O’Level subjects Including English Language
- At least two (2) years Secretarial experience
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Access
A candidate who is 26 years or older may be accepted without the above academic pre-requisites on the basis of having three (3)years experience in the Secretarial field. Employers must ensure that participants meet the above registration requirements
Course Material: G$5,000.00
Tuition fees : (G$15,000.00/term) G$45,000.00
104 contact hours for the Diploma 2 hours per week for 52weeks
($30.000) 50% at the beginning of course and the remainder at the beginning of the second term.